We cordially invite you to an extraordinary evening at the mesmerizing Sensorio: Field of Light in Paso Robles, CA. Set amidst the stunning light installations by Bruce Munro, this event is not just a dinner, but a celebration of culinary artistry, cultural heritage, and the spirit of Women's History Month. Join us as we honor the legacy of the James Beard Foundation and celebrate the incredible talents of women in the culinary world. Your presence will not just illuminate the night but also contribute to a brighter, more equitable future in the culinary industry.
Purchase your tickets today – An evening of unforgettable memories awaits!
5:00-7:00PM - Reception
7PM - Dinner
Artisanal Fresh Sheep Milk Bon Bon’s
Black Market Cheese Company
Savory Macaron, Astrea Caviar, Gold Leaf
My Mama’s Macarons
Garlic crostini, Avocado, Kelpful Seasoning, Tomato, Micro greens, Balsamic drizzle
Epoch Estate Rosé 2022
Myers-Deovlet Sparkling Wine
Scallop Crudo, Coconut, Kaffir Lime Oil, Green Apple-Almond Relish
Alban Viognier 2021
Duck Confit En Croute, Prune, Red Cabbage Agrodolce, Chervil
Saxum James Berry Vineyard GSM 2021
Served Family Style
Bistecca Fiorintina, Savory Custard, Local Foraged Mushrooms, Shaved Fennel
Salt Roasted Fingerlings
L'Aventure Estate Cuvée 2021
Sweet Pea Ice Cream, Rhubarb Tart
Tablas Creek Vineyard Vin de Paille Sacrérouge 2017
- Maegen Loring - Maegen Loring Catering, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Brittney Yracheta - Chef/Owner, Momotaro Ramen, Paso Robles, CA
- Brittney is a chef with a passion for bread, she honed her skills in patisserie and baking while attending Le Cordon Bleu. With a diverse background she brings a refined culinary expertise to her creations, combining precision and creativity to delight the palate. She now stands as the proud owner of Momotaro Ramen, a flourishing ramen shop, where her dedication to crafting delicious experiences comes to life. A bakery is next.
- Betsy Villagomez - Sous Chef Les Petites Canailles, Paso Robles, CA
- I've been cheffing for a little while now and my biggest take away is finding the balance and importance of taking care of others and yourself. I'm a big believer in feeding the soul. Nothing compares to the comradery around the dinner table.
- Rusty Quirk - Linnaea's Cafe, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Rusty Quirk is a chef and restaurateur originally from Greenville, South Carolina, with culinary experience in New York City, Denver, and California's Central Coast. She established and led the pastry programs of multiple Michelin-recognized restaurants including Bell's Los Alamos (one star), Bar Le Cote (recommended), and Ox + Anchor (recommended) during her time as Executive Pastry Chef of Companion Hospitality and Hotel San Luis Obispo. Rusty is now the owner and operator of the historic Linnaea's Cafe in San Luis Obispo.
Front of house service will be led by Lannon Rust of Danior Catering & Rust Wine Company, and orchestrated into an enchanting evening under the stewardship of Event Director Amber Karson of Karson Butler Events. Expect nothing less than Central Coast perfection.
Sip and Savor:
Indulge in an exquisite selection of wines from the featured wineries, each a testament to the rich viticultural heritage of the region:
- Alban Vineyards - Edna Valley
- Epoch Estate Wines - Paso Robles
- L'Aventure Winery - Paso Robles
- Saxum Vineyards - Paso Robles
- Tablas Creek Vineyards - Paso Robles
- McPrice Myers Wines - Paso Robles
- Deovlet Wines - San Luis Obispo
We're proud to have the opportunity to serve Astrea Caviar. Appreciated and used by Michelin starred restaurants, James Beard award winning chefs, and home chefs across the world, Astrea Caviar strives to bring something different to the culinary world. By utilizing a unique low-salt approach to caviar, they've crafted a flavor profile laden with umami that gives a burst of flavor with each bite. This results in a top-of-the-line experience every time you open a tin.
A Sensoril Experience at Sensorio:
Immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring installations that Sensorio offers. The Field of Light, Light Towers, Fireflies, and Gone Fishing exhibits promise a backdrop like no other, transforming your evening into a mesmerizing journey through art and nature.
Special Notes :
- James Beard Foundation events welcome guests aged 21 and over
- This event is part of the At Her Table festival, happening throughout San Luis Obispo from March 1 - 10
We extend our deepest gratitude to Karson Butler Events, Sensorio, Travel Paso, J&L wines for their generous support and sponsorship of this event.
- Due to the nature of this dinner, we are unable to accommodate substitutions. Upon checkout you will be able to list any allergies. We are unable to make any changes after February 16, 2024.